2.11.2007

12 Crabapples for Terrible Self-Scanners

There really needs to be a sign posted directly in front of grocery store self check-outs:

If You Are a Fucking Moron, Please Move to a Traditional Check-Out
.

People surely wouldn't obey it, but maybe it could prevent 1 case out of 100.
It would at least be a start.

It's not that I'm intolerant, it's that I am an efficient self checker-outter. And those of us well-versed in the language of bar code scanning and key-in-your-produce-code-and-press-next should be rewarded with an "Expert Express Line" of our own. You would need to earn it, with a test of speed and accuracy judged by a grocery store employee. And then you would get a badge. Like a girl scout badge, but with a bag of groceries on it. and an RFID code. Yes, yes, this will happen.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to state my love for self check outs and also say that I deserve a badge for my skillz.

Chad does not. However, he stays away from them. Those people, who know they should not use the self check outs and therefore do not, they deserve badges too.

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to state my love for self check outs and also say that I deserve a badge for my skillz.

Chad does not. However, he stays away from them. Those people, who know they should not use the self check outs and therefore do not, they deserve badges too.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

I agree, JK. I'm a very efficient self-checker-outter. I, in fact, pride myself on it. My thought was more that there should be a line for the morons and the rest of us could use the regular lines. Maybe the S&S could station a permanent employee next to the morons line? ;)

Excited for Thursday night . . . :)

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home