1.21.2007

559 Pineapples for a Whole List of Good

Girl Behind Me in Line at the Supermarket Late This Afternoon: "This place is packed. So totally annoying. [pause] Yea, I think it's the Superbowl or something..."

This girl was promptly pummeled with 99-cent navel oranges, lit on fire, and shot; I helped.

Anyway, I'm back from California. Pictures forthcoming.
One sentence recap: I walked on the Golden Gate Bridge, saw monstrous trees at Muir Woods, saw amazing San Fran city views from Twin Peaks, ate good sushi in North Beach, drove the curvy part of Lombard St in our (rented) Mini Cooper, did 7 wine tastings, including Cakebread, Clos Pegase, and Peju, drank a 1999 Sterling Three Palms Merlot that my tastebuds really had no business tasting, inhaled shrimp fajitas in Calistoga, ran around the ridiculously beautiful estates of Sonoma and pretended that one day I would be relaxing on a similar wrap-around porch, had breakfast at a diner in St.Helena, enjoyed a reserve tasting and luncheon at Sebastiani, slept in a huge comfy king sleigh bed next to a fireplace and private garden, met 500,000 of Jason's (welcoming and wonderful) friends, and enjoyed fantastic roast chicken, pancetta-chili butternut squash, and a bottle of champagne at A16.

Also, I flew in 4 airplanes and did not totally piss myself, except for one 5 minute stretch on Plane #2 when turbulence got a little too turbulent for my wussy tolerance.

So yea, it was pretty good.

Now, I'm back, watching the game and baking a cake simply because I want a piece.
I'm, like, cheery; it's all very odd.

Going to work tomorrow will likely be highly uncool.
Also, let's go ahead and not discuss my bank statement.

4 Comments:

Blogger Hooker said...

last night during the game just before half time my roomate goes "oh shit! prince is playing tonight right?"

no.

"oh. well who is?"

10:01 AM  
Blogger kate.d. said...

twin peaks? not like *the* twin peaks? because that shit is like, in washington state. so you'd have to have some powerful binoculars.

but i'm sure there are many peaks that are considered twins in this fair country, and especially in northern cali.

mmmmmmmmmm sushi.

10:01 AM  
Blogger jayniek said...

people are stupid. also: moo. go bears.

also, yea, not *the* twin peaks. but two peaks called that. likely fraternal.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Danny said...

Welcome back! Sounds like a heck of a trip.

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home