1.01.2007

55 Pineapples for NYE, Laid-Back Edition

By asking you to vote for me in the last post, I kinda-sorta-totally missed the point of the z-list meme. I knew that, I think. So here I am, reinstituting my transparency and telling you that I missed the point. But now I am back on the z-train, fully cognitive. This time around, I am wearing an awesome cape. And toe shoes.

And, speaking of awesome, check this out! I'm inspired by Sandy and may have my own z-list spin-off up my (very wide, part-of-my-cape) sleeve. Gimme a few days.

My New Year's was quiet and nice. Jason and I went to Gargoyle's for drinks and to eavesdrop on the couple seated next to us at the bar whom we were convinced were on their first date until we heard them discussing their wedding in 5 months. Whatever, she had a lacy slutty dress and a huge pink martini made of sissy.

[As a sidenote, Gargoyle's has vanilla, apple, and cinnamon infused Maker's for the holiday season. yep.]

And then we made dinner here (notice me motioning toward my kitchen), as not to pay $200 a head for a 9:00 prix fixe seating anywhere in the city. Also, the portions at Casa Jaynie are way bigger. And you can take your shoes off. And throw shit at the walls if you want (we didn't). We drank champagne from Australia.

And then I turned into a kangaroo.
And Jason, a panda.
I mean koala.

My eucalyptus body wash is missing, so yes, koala.

Wait, shit, which ones eat the eucalyptus?

6 Comments:

Blogger Danny said...

That would be the Koala. Happy new year.

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup koala! Happy New Year!!!!

11:50 AM  
Blogger jayniek said...

cool. thanks.
what do pandas eat though? the same thing, right?

happy new year to both of you!

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pandas eat bamboo.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

happy new year, kids! sounds like a lovely, low key one.

now we have to make double date dinner plans. :)

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jaynie,

Thanks for the mention on the Z-list collage. Love your banner art!

Sandy

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home