12.12.2006

15 Pineapples and for the 5 Meme

I've been meme-bopped by Paul (btw, hope that your doctor's appt went well today and you're on your way to sitcom super-stardom).

Looks like the whole marketing branch of this crazy blogosphere is getting tagged, so I'll agreeably play along. Even more, I intend to enjoy it.

The topic of the meme: 5 things you probably don't know about me. This is hard, because those of you who know me in real life, like, know me in real life. And, well, know these things. So I will mostly cater this internetically.

Okay, um, here:

1. I'm a towering 5'2", but wear a boat-like size 9 shoe. This makes me hard to tip over.

2. I'm positive that I would absolutely love Finnegan's Wake... if I could ever get all the way through it.

3. My drink of choice is whiskey on the rocks with a lime, preferably Maker's or Dalmore. Although I'm really enjoying the Jack Single Barrel I'm currently working on. (thanks EK!)

4. a.) I was the captain of my high school track and cross-country teams. In 10th grade, I elbowed a girl at the finish line, knocking her to the ground. I was DQ'ed and reprimanded.

b.) I ran cross-country and track in college. Upon fracturing my foot in four places and being banned from running, my coach caught me limp-jogging backwards on the track around midnight one night. I was reprimanded in a similar fashion to 4a.

5. I was a competitive figure skater until I was 16. I blame my (lack of) height on that.

6. [I'm on a roll... forget 5...] I am obsessed with dogs, and desperately want one of my own, preferably a yellow lab named Lila.

7. I may hold the World Record for # of Online First Dates.

8. I have a white cat puppet named FMK (Frosted Mini Kitty). She talks with a voicebox because she had a tracheotomy when she was six months old.

9. I wear multiple necklaces nearly every day. Most of them used to be my grandmother's. [Listen, retro is in.]

10. When I was 11 or 12, I was convinced that I was going to marry Jonathan Brandis (you know, the kid from Ladybugs). Now I'm pretty sure it'll be Topher Grace. The two of us may or may not have an affair with Scarlet Johansson.

10. My favorite dessert is soft serve ice cream in a cone with rainbow sprinkles. I also love jordan almonds.

11. I really like my job.

12. My favorite movie is Ghostworld. My favorite book is The Body Artist. I have a signed copy that would be one of the items that I grab first if I were ever in a fire.

13. I feel safer and happier when wrapped in a blanket. Even in the summer. I'm pretty much always freezing.

14. I'm an only child, and I'm very close with my parents and beagle. Not enough alone time causes me to kill people (in a nice way, of course).

15. (an offshoot of 14) I live alone.


Great. Now, who's gonna get tagged?
Ummm... how about Kate, Jason (dooo it), Tom, Steph, and Jenny.

Don't let me down.

6 Comments:

Blogger kate.d. said...

oh my god, did you know that jonathan brandis killed himself? i was, for some reason, freaked out when i read that. because i was like, wait, you can't commit suicide, all my friends love you!

or loved you, 10 years ago. whatever, same difference.

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I got some terrible news today at the doctor. I am not retarded. Well, fuck, there goes my television career. Oh well.

And, I laughed out loud at the finish line elbowing. I like people with mean streaks. They're always more fun.

No Jim Beam?

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked 10. and also 10.

8:58 AM  
Blogger jayniek said...

kate, i forgot that. but i remember now. wow, yea, how did i forget that?

paul- i'm sorry to hear that. but i'm sure if you keep trying to embed enough stuff in wordpress, you'll be all set in no time. also, jim beam is good, yes, but not tops on my list to go at straight.

jason- great. i like when you shut the fuck up. and also when you shut the fuck up.

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! How come I'm the crazy one? Hmmmmmm?

11:04 AM  
Blogger jayniek said...

luck o' the draw, todd.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home