11.13.2006

5 Mulligans for 5 Things, None of Which Are Even Real Topics

1. I don't even really love cheeseburgers, but I just saw a commercial for the new Wendy's double jalapeno burger, and I just drooled all over my pajama pants.
Gross. And gross.

2. Let me clarify my Iron Chef prediction from yesterday. Fine, I was very wrong. BUT ....(Tom and Samantha)... I do not like Mario. It's really that simple. He and his crazy red ponytail can pony themselves right into the Crocs store. And wade in buckets of hard colored plastic ugiliciousness. And then he can wrap himself in endive leaves and a port reduction and wallow in his overgrown sideburns.

3. Hey STORES, don't make me think about Christmas yet.

4. I think my favorite kind of cake is white cake with chocolate frosting. I was thinking about this today after ruminating thoroughly upon Erin's cake tasting experience. Thank you, Erin, for inspiring me to do such rigorous soul-searching.

5. What's a good housewarming gift for a guy? [Jason, pretend you don't read my blog; also, you are not allowed to comment with "a hot car."]

10 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

5. a sweet car. or a barbecue set. or a barbecue.

4. cake is cake. all cake is good. trying to determine a favorite is like trying to determine the best samuel adams flavor. they're all good, don't debate, just eat.

3. Thanskgiving is way too important to start thinking about Christmas.

2. I used to hate Mario. Now I hate Bobby Flay more. Cora is really growing on me, except for her monolithic sous chef.

1. Wendy's jalepeno burger is DELICIOUS. Seriously. It's so good.

11:16 PM  
Blogger krisis said...

Hold on, i'm channelling my bachelorhood. He'd like... A dart board. Anything that automates a cleaning process. Knives. Stylish plates and glasses.

1:42 AM  
Blogger jayniek said...

tom: "a sweet car"? great. very helpful. jason will be asking to hug you soon.
also... carrot cake: not that good. and therein, your theory is destroyed.

peter: I'll give you the plates and glasses thing. i think i would get kicked if i got him a vacuum. i would also kick anyone who got me a vacuum. or were you thinking more along the lines of "cleaning service"? actually, he's neat. so scratch that.

hmm.

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

he would probably not kick you if you got him a vacuum.

- wjrhteh

3:49 PM  
Blogger krisis said...

I think i meant more along the lines of a roomba or... um... a self-cleaning oven.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Hooker said...

I think he'd like a painting of the A Team. Or trucks fighting eachother. Or Tom Selleck.

You know where to find me.

7:06 PM  
Blogger mance01 said...

Mario may have questionable taste in facial hair, but that guy is awesome in the kitchen.

And I think you should get him one of these :)

7:13 PM  
Blogger jayniek said...

peter- I would like a self-cleaning oven. I think I would buy myself one first.

Mance, that is an excellent idea. really, nothing says "home" like a red plastic man o' laceration. That one is a contender.

Hooker, option 2 is a real possibility as well.

also, anonymous, you are not allowed any more comments. except to tell me how you feel about pugilistic trucks.

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the idea of a roomba - Jason likes the clean - and your friend gets a great friends and family discount :)

also, when are you scheduling the warming party?

4:49 PM  
Blogger jayniek said...

I would love to see a scooba in action. I think I would name it "scoobs."

warming party...
hmm... i dunno.
jason probably won't want to come, so I guess whenever he's not around.

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home