10.21.2006

55 Pineapples for Douchebag Nominations

bob
I'm a big fat day late on my Blogtoberfest recap; I feel halfway sad about that. As I explained to Tom (who I like IRL even more than in his blog. and I like his blog.), I should shuffle you all to my "Other Places to Find Me" section in my sidebar... because I'm still actively blogging, just not as much here.
/cop-out.

Also, after meeting John, I am going to get real about doing a podcast. I've gotten close before, and then let it flitter away. This time it will happen. I'll keep you updated on title and theme. I'm thinking that it'll be a combination of Phantom Gourmet and TechCrunch. And I may announce puppies up for adoption ala Bob Barker. And discuss dessert wine.
The Phantom Muscat PuppyCrunch Show? Sure as rain.
Because that sounds very elegant. Also, I'm pretty certain that URL is available.

Oh, and my other major takeaway of Blogtoberfest is that erinire has the most perfect teeth on the planet.

This completes my comprehensive recap.

I would also like to announce a new addition to my blogroll: Tedious Charm.
SDT is wonderful and witty and new to the blogging scene, so you should go here and contribute to her Douchebag Hall of Mediocrity.

If you need a little help, SDT offers an example submission:

Dear Tedious Charm, I would like to nominate to the Douchebag (or Douche Bag) Hall of Mediocrity every boyfriend I ever had before I met my husband. I would also like to nominate anyone who read the previous sentence and sinckered, "Well, THAT'S a short list."

First and foremost, I nominate the Jordan's Furniture guys.
And Justin Timberlake.
And that little kid from Jerry Maguire.

8 Comments:

Blogger John J. Wall said...

I have mixed feelings about the term douchebag getting to be popular. It's fairly rare now, so I usually get a laugh when I reach deep into the bag of insults and pull that from the bottom.

If it got to be all mainstream, then it would eventually get tired and all the kids would think I'm an old idiot, sort of like when I say "Word to your mother"

When you get your first cast out the door, be sure to put a link over in Gigadial I have a channel there called New England Podcasters and that way you'll have some listeners for your first attempt.

Also try to get Mondavi's Muscato d'Or, I haven't been able to find that for years...

9:03 AM  
Blogger e$ said...

three thousand dollars worth of braces, my friend, three grand worth of braces.

10:35 AM  
Blogger jayniek said...

Mondavi's Muscato d'Or... Thanks for the rec. I'll see if wine.com has it.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Hooker said...

I know a thing or two about Douchery...


http://groups.myspace.com/douchebags

2:23 PM  
Blogger John J. Wall said...

The only place I've been able to get it is at the vineyard since they won't ship the goodness to Massachusetts...

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jayniek,

Thanks for your endorsement (after considerable thought) of the "all red singularity" version of the Ball of Whacks. It's nice to be validated!

How about a little truth in advertising, Blogger? I went to your profile and clicked on your photo (view full size) and thought that it would fill up my 23" monitor. Boy was I disappointed; it's only a teensy bit bit bigger than your thumbnail. But I guess a little goes a long way!

Good luck,

Roger

8:40 PM  
Blogger jayniek said...

hooker- a certified douchebag master. i bow to you.

john- ya know what? i've never been to CA. That makes me awful. And if i'm gonna specialize in dessert wine, i should get my ass to some grapevines.

roger, I promise you that a 23" blue-tinted mugshot of me isn't what you want as a screensaver. But I didn't realize it only expanded to "a little bit bigger than wicked small." hmm. i'll be sure to start posting more pictures. [that's likely a lie.]

9:45 AM  
Blogger Hooker said...

hahah. I even have the douchebag badge on my sash.

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home