10.02.2006

1000 Crabapples for 100-Calorie Packs

100calpacks
Dear Nabisco Team:

When I want a snack, I would typically reach for one of your products;
generally, they are pretty good.

Let's run through some examples:
Chips Ahoy... good.
Wheat Thins... Good.
Cheese Nips (though markedly not cheez-its)... GOOD.

So whassup with the unjust miniturizationalization of yummy snacks?

You see, I bought some. And I opened the little pack. And it was virtually empty. And I had a ferocious urge to just throw the wholedamn box away. Because even if I ate the wholedamn box, I would likely still want a snack.
You have stolen the hollow joy of "enriched wheat flour," which we all know is surely anything-but-enriched.

In short, you are the purveyors of snacking bullshit.
Most expeditiously, I will be ponying up to a new snacking-food-corporation that will feed me for realz.

Sincerely,
Jaynie K

P.S. The Snack Fairy can go F himself.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Nabisco Fairy ... dont get me started.

If you want a yummy 100 calorie snack, I bought some delish 100 calorie pudding cups (I actually MEANT to buy the many more calorie version and realized my mistake when I got home ... and was pleasantly surprised.)

Also good? And good for you? Kashi "TLC" snacks. They have a Honey Almond Flax bar and a Pumpkin Flax granola bar. HOLY CRAP are they good.

10:28 AM  
Blogger jayniek said...

i've tried the honey almond flax thingamajiggo... agreed: good.

the kashi dark-chocolate cherry granola bars are pretty alright too.

but know what's better:
nature valley peanut butter 2-packs (in the shiny orange wrapper).
defiantly NOT 100-calories.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

I would give my kingdom for a nature valley oatmeal & honey bar (the green wrapper). Those things are so good, you don't even notice you've spilled 99% of the granola on your lap!

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nature Valley! I almost forgot about those.

I used to smear peanut butter all over the top. Yes even on the peanut butter ones.

I LOVE PEANUT BUTTER. a lot.

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home