7.28.2006

Yea, some fruit.

1. This morning I saw the cutest dog that I've seen in a good while. It was so awesome. All peppy-stepped and prancy. It was a shipperke! SHIP-err-key. And how wonderful is that breed name?? "Hey, yo, this is Pebbles, my shipperke." Try to say that and not feel a little bit better about life.
Shit, I just did and I feel the same. Forget it. Hypothetically, though.
::4 wish-it-were-true pineapples.

2. So, last night, as I'm walking down Mass Ave with a group of friends, a homeless man began giving us restaurant recommendations (after we denied him spare change). [BTW-- Redbones, he says.] Then, as I'm pulling out of the parking lot a little while later, he yells to me, all angry and stuff, "get a break job!".
Really? Car judgement?
::Stop it. 77 crabapples.

3. Shoes with ankles straps look good on no woman. It's true. I don't care how tall and skinny you are, your leg line gets unapologetically broken and it makes you look stumpy. Sorry, but it's true. Just no.
::16 crabapples. And a warning to preserve unbroken body lines wherever you can.

4. Can I wear black to an outdoor summer wedding? No. No, right? No.
::88 crabapples for even posing the question. And I just pinched myself til I bruised.

5. Okay. Finally. Ashlee Simpson's new nose. She doesn't even look like Ashlee Simpson AT ALL anymore. I mean, she looks completely fantastic, but, like, maybe too generic or something? She looks kinda like a blonde girl with a perfect nose. I'm torn. I mean, I don't know what I mean.
::Perhaps a mully serves me best here.

Happy Fri, all.

2 Comments:

Blogger kate.d. said...

oh dear. the day has finally come. we have to disagree.

oh wait, that day has already come, and that day was called magnolia.

anyway - ankle straps. i think, on the right style of shoe, they can be great. a really strappy shoe with not too high or too low of a heel, and i can dig the ankle strap. plus, selfishly, if i have an ankle strap i'm a little more confident that i'm not going to fall off of my own shoes. i like the little bit of stability (however imagined) it provides.

i can see your point about breaking up the line, but i think other benefits can ultimately offset that unfortunate side effect.

/defense of ankle straps everywhere

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

on behalf of my high-heel, ankle-strap, black sandals: i throw a crabapple at you. i look damn fine in those shoes.

make it two crabapples.

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home