6.28.2006

12 Crabapples for Being Too Moo

Starting today, I am making a concerted effort to change a major facet of my personhood. It will surely be a long and dreary road, filled with blood, sweat, tears, scary masks of Richard Nixon, and probably a few portabello mushrooms
(ooooh how i want all mushrooms killed by committee).

The proposed resolution is this:
I need to stop using "moo" as a filler word, injection, and replacement for real words.

A few tidy examples:

"Today sucked. Moo."
"He asked me what I was thinking and I was like moo."
Q: "How was it?"... A: "Ya know-- moo."

Typically innocuous.

Today though, the question was "What does she look like?"-- in reference to an older, portly woman.
You see where this is going.

Yup: "I dunno...moo."

Now Jaynie, that's not nice.
And then I was self-inducedly forced to spend a solid (but flimsy) 15 minutes explaining that "moo" obviously does not indicate "sound a cow makes," but instead "a deviation of 'meh'... a kind of verbal shrug, ever-imbued with a healthy dose of apathy, ennui, and, well, you know...moo."

I would make a shitty linguist.

3 Comments:

Blogger J.D. said...

lol, you're on your own on this one...

9:25 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Haha, I love it. I'm still stuck on "meh", which is a much less fun version of "moo". Good luck!

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how bout you use poo instead?

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home