4.02.2006

78 Pineapples for a Good Bad Day

In honor of the unparalleled relief I felt when Katharine McPhee narrowly escaped elimination last week (I know, seriously, come on), tonight's post is dedicated to Daniel Powter.

Who is Daniel Powter? (A valid question asked by past presidents and grocery baggers alike...)

Daniel Powter is the guy with the funky nose who sings the Idol vote-off song, Bad Day. The song is also up to, like, #14 on the VH1 chart, which is pretty good, considering Dan-o is pretty new to the whole poppler-doppler game.

So here's the thing. I already had/have a love affair with Fuel's Bad Day, primarily because it makes me really happy. Now I find myself magnetically drawn to Daniel's identically-themed ditty, which is far more bubble-gummy and tween-catered. Why do bad day songs fill me with such unbounded hope and love for bluebirds and waterfairies and crocuses? That, I cannot tell you.

What I can tell you is that the not-Daniel guy in the video looks eerily similar to 98% of the guys I have ever dated or had a crush on. And I like the way he lobs his pen when he gets pissed at his desk. And I've always been a sucker for that polo shirt over long sleeve thing.

For Danny P, 78 pineapples.
And 5 more for the adorable video guy. Although the fact that he has beaded curtains kinda kills it.

1 Comments:

Blogger kate.d. said...

oh my god. the white kitty video, with Bad Day as the soundtrack?

so funny.

do you still have that somewhere?

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home