4.14.2006

20 Pineapples for Cashew Rain

Okay, so one of the 754 tasks on my list today was to find a cute springsummery dress for a bridal shower brunch. No problem.

I battled the bleachorexics (because I should talk?) at bebe and captured the first fun frock I could find; it fit. Done... annnnnd check.

Next, I battled the blue-eyeshadowed divalicious tweenies in Sephora because I was hankering for purple eyeliner (yes, fine, a tip from Glamour).
Done.

Fulfilled, I returned to my car.

Here's the thing... I noticed my car from a few rows away. Why? Because it was covered in cashews. yes. Cashews. Like, the nut. At least 2-3 Planters canisters worth. How totally Magnolia-esque.

I think: "dude, cashews are expensive. and...uh...i don't get it."

I call my friend Marisa to tell her the news.

She shrieks: "Maaaan... if you had a nut allergy, you could seriously take that as a death threat."

I don't. But she's right. Right? I mean, I know, but, right?

So yea. It's been pretty much the longest day ever, complete with knee x-rays and lease signing and a run-in with a doddery old woman at the orthotics clinic. And then-- cashews?
Life is so cool.

4 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:36 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Um - what? Cashews on the car? I don't know what to say. However, I do love that your first thought was that cashews are more expensive than, say, peanuts.

In other news, glad to hear you signed the lease. Welcome to the neighborhood! I drank beers with some random neighbors on their porch the other night, so I guess the 'hood is getting more fun for summer. We'll have to do it up.

12:37 AM  
Blogger kate.d. said...

i liked your two minute story much more than i liked the first hour and a half of magnolia (which is all i got through).

but that's one of the few places where we differ :)

purple eyeliner may be the other....but points there for fashion bravery!

12:23 PM  
Blogger kate.d. said...

oh, and whose bridal shower? someone from the M.V. that i would know?

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home