30 Crabapples for Viral Marketing
1. The Ricola Mystery Cougher is coming to Boston on Thursday. Awesome. Because if there's one thing I love, it's germs. And if there's one thing that I love more than that, it's germs appended with fine print and asinine stipulations. Check out the rules and regs-- the prize is something sealed up tightly in one of fifty envelopes. I call Ricola's bluff. My guess is that the ill-defined something in at least 48 of these envelopes is an audio file of Nelson saying "ha-ha."
::30 Crabapples for coughing on my city. Even if you cover your biz-buzz mouth.
2. So Larry Summers resigned today, effective June 30th. Supposedly, he'll take a sabbatical (read: try to relax as he is being pummeled with handbags, high-heeled boots, and fat Physics textbooks) and then return as a prof. If only Theo hadn't auctioned off the gorilla suit...
::61 Pineapples for declaring that the ditch you dug was too deep to decamp.
3. How long before Tanith Belbin gets a proposition from Playboy? I give it about 4 minutes. Tops.
::44 Pineapples for a silver medal and innumerable PR opps.
[And, for the record, the pair are not dating; in fact, both Belbin and Agosto have other others. Unfortunately, every TV reporter cannot help him/herself from commenting on their "clear erotic chemistry" or "amazing sexiness." Ten bucks says the other others have made out at least once, spurred by nothing other than self-deprecating spite.]
4. I finally got on the hog and starting reading John Battelle's The Search.
Right... because Google didn't already occupy 83% of my mindspace. I think I'm even composing paintings in that color-wheel-centric Google rainbow. Can someone please keep an eye on me for when I start Cyndi-Lauper-layering my socks in red-yellow-blue...
::57 Pineapples for a read that haunts me in a good way. Kinda like Cyndi.
5. Freestyle-Skiier Emily Cook is actually Alanis Morrisette, correct?